The Red Church Scott Nicholson
Graveyard Editions #5
For 13-year-old Ronnie Day, life is full of problems: Mom and Dad have separated, his brother Tim is a constant pest, Melanie Ward either loves him or hates him, and Jesus Christ won't stay in his heart. Plus he has to walk past the red church every day, where the Bell Monster hides with its wings and claws and livers for eyes. But the biggest problem is that Archer McFall is the new preacher at the church, and Mom wants Ronnie to attend midnight services with her.
Sheriff Frank Littlefield hates the red church for a different reason. His little brother died in a freak accident at the church twenty years ago, and now Frank is starting to see his brother's ghost. And the ghost keeps demanding, "Free me." People are dying in Whispering Pines, and the murders coincide with McFall's return.
The Days, the Littlefields, and the McFalls are descendants of the original families that settled the rural Appalachian community. Those old families share a secret of betrayal and guilt, and McFall wants his congregation to prove its faith. Because he believes he is the Second Son of God, and that the cleansing of sin must be done in blood.
"Sacrifice is the currency of God," McFall preaches, and unless Frank and Ronnie stop him, everybody pays.
Limited Edition Specifications
- Limited to just 500 signed and numbered copies
- Personally signed by the author on a unique signature page
- Printed on 60# acid-free paper
- Featuring a high-end binding with colored head and tail bands
- Printed and bound with full-color marbled endpapers
- Sewn-in ribbon page marker
- Featuring hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
- Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
- Limited ONE TIME printing of this special edition